Institute of Technical Arts philosophy is to develop the students' skills to the fullest. The School of Pet Grooming and the School of Veterinary Technology enables students to graduate with experience and confidence by becoming competitive in the high demand Animal Care Industry; specifically in pet grooming and veterinary assisting.
The Institute's Schools use a professional method of instruction for training students for a career in Pet Grooming and Veterinary Assisting accomplished through hands-on experience, theory, lectures, demonstrations, and video labs. Subjects taught are crucial to prepare pet grooming and veterinary assistant students for their new exciting careers in the animal care industry. Pet Grooming and Veterinary Assistant classes are enjoyable. The Pet grooming and Veterinary Assistant classes are held in a relaxed, congenial, attractive atmosphere which greatly increases the student's ability to learn. Our school classes and laboratory sessions allow for plenty of personal attention.
The Schools provides Pet Grooming and Veterinary Assistant students the opportunity to observe and practice technical skills. Professionally trained instructors share their vast knowledge and experience with the students. They also teach time management and study skills needed to succeed.
INSTITUTE/ SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS
- FiFi's Pet Palace of Winter Park was founded in 1988.
- FiFi's School of Pet Grooming opened in 1996.
- FIFI's Institute of Animal Arts was established in 1999. The school's name was changed to Institute of Technical Arts in 2000.
- The institute became accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) in 2001 and became recognized by the United States Department of Education in 2002.
- In 2002, ACCSC presented Institute of Technical Arts the award of "School of Distinction"
- In 2004, Institute of Technical Arts has been presented the "School of the Year" award from the Florida Association of Post Secondary Schools and Colleges.
- The Accreditation Commision of Career School and Colleges has recognized the Institute of Technical Arts, as a "2012 ACCSC School of Excellence".
License - License #1903
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education,
Florida Department of Education. Additional informational regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at
325 W. Gaines St., Suite 1414, Tallahassee, FL 32399.
- Toll-free telephone number: (888) 224-6684
Accreditation - School # 70475
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Commission at 2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201. Phone: (703) 247-4212
- Institute of Technical Arts is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Accreditation can be a critical factor in selecting the school you choose to attend. It is important to understand the benefits to a student when a school is accredited.
- ACCSC is recognized as a accrediting agency for career schools and colleges. ACCSC accreditation ensures that nationally accepted standards are maintained in the areas of curriculum, facilities, faculty qualifications, and student quality.
- ACCSC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. This gives students the opportunity to apply for Financial Aid.
- National Dog Groomers Association of America
- National Cat Groomers Institute of America
- International Professional Groomers, Inc.
- International Society of Canine Cosmetologists
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- North American Veterinary Technician Association
- Florida Veterinary Technician Association
- American Association of Zoo Keepers
- Florida Association of Post Secondary Schools and Colleges
- Better Business Bureau of Central Florida
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce
Description of Facilities
The facility is 45,374 square feet and we occupy 25,172 square feet for veterinary assistant, veterinary technician, and pet grooming classrooms, labs, animal kennels, bathing areas, student lounge, and school bookstore. This space includes a 5,000 sq. ft. Veterinary Assistant and Veterinary Technician Teaching Hospital and 11,764 sq.ft. of space for Admissions, Financil Aid, Career Services, Administration, and Learning Resource Library.
The school is located in Casselberry, Florida in the Orlando metropolitan area. ITA campus address is 493 Semoran Blvd. (SR 436) , Casselberry, Florida.
The campus location in Casselberry is a suburb of Orlando and located near Altamonte Springs, Maitland, Winter Park, Longwood, Sanford, and Winter Springs, Florida. The campus is easily accessible from SR 436, SR 17-92, and Interstate 4.
The bus stop is conveniently located near the school's front entrance.